STGCC 2014: Tomokazu Sugita (Japanese Seiyuu)

Event Name: Singapore Toy Games & Comics Convention 2014
Date: 6 - 7th September 2014
Location: Hall B & C, Level 1, Sands Expo & Convention Centre, Marina Bay Sands
Web:
http://www.singaporetgcc.com/

The Singapore Toy Games & Comics Convention is happening in around one month’s time , are you ready for it? Anyway, STGCC just announced it’s newest line-up of event guests and it’s gotten the Otakus in the region all hyped up!

What does the below characters have in common?

747529-Minitokyo.Gintama.511707

 

Yes….. they all have the same…

 

STGCC 2014 - Tomokazu Sugita - Profile Pic

VOICE ACTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES! It’s Tomokazu Sugita!!!!!

 

“ The Singapore Toy, Game and Comic Convention (STGCC) will take Southeast Asia’s pop culture scene by storm with its latest power-packed announcement of 12 top-notch personalities, released six weeks
before the main event kicks off in September.

 

From East to West, from comic book artists to the elusive creative forces behind popular Japanese entertainment, this year’s STGCC will see a wide range of pop culture personalities appearing in Singapore for the first time, bringing with them new collaborations and exciting news.

 

This edition of STGCC will see the debut appearance of Tomokazu Sugita, a famous seiyuu (voice actor) best known for voicing many memorable roles in various Japanese anime and game titles – from Gintoki of the popular Gintama, to Kyon from Haruhi Suzumiya and Joseph Joestar from Jojo’s Bizzare Adventure. He also brought to life Ragna the Bloodedge from fighting game BlazBlue, which spawned an anime series.

 


In fact, not only is this his debut at STGCC, the trip also marks his very first visit to meet fans in Southeast Asia! “

 

I was so surprised when I saw the press release from STGCC and the first person I messaged was the biggest Tomokazu Sugita fan I know in Singapore; Reiko (I interviewed Reiko a few years back, click here to read) LOL!

 

I don’t watch a lot of the Animations Tomokazu Sugita voices and you have to agree with me, this guy tends to go for the quirky side characters instead of the fancy heart throbs. Even though he voiced Kyon from The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi, I didn’t really quite register him *gets whacked by Tomokazu fangirls*

 

 

But my impression of his voice acting abilities changed when I chanced upon his work in the Hiiro no Kakera Game. No, I don’t play Otome Games ( I’d probably claw my eyes out before I do LOL) , but I chanced upon the video on YouTube and stayed because of the Opening song sung by Fujita Maiko.

 

I found it so amazing that these Seiyuus can emote SO DARN WELL with just their voice alone >.<! It’s like we girls can melt just listening to them ;_;

 

I hope STGCC releases more information about his schedule during the event soon so we can all be prepared to meet him! I hope I’ll get to interview him! If I do get a chance to interview him, what do you guys want me to ask him? Leave a comment and let me know!


Check out the poster below that showcases some of the characters Tomokazu Sugita have voiced in the past.

 

tomokazu sugita 
Photo credit:
Zerochan

The Singapore Toy Games & Comics Convention is happening on the 6th and 7th September 2014 @ Hall B & C, Level 1 Sands Expo & Convention Centre, Marina Bay Sands.

Comments

CASE STUDY HELP said…

I enjoyed your post. Thanks for sharing.

Seeking for Online MBA Case Study Help in Australia? Avail of online MBA case study assignments at casestudyhelp.net. We can help you with the best assessment case study to secure A+ grades. Get 100% non-plagiarism free work at the most affordable price.
Anna Buckley said…
I appreciate you sharing that insightful article; it really improved my knowledge. Check out this fascinating article: Popular Minecraft Server. There are many different environments to explore, ranging from verdant forests to lofty mountains.

Popular Posts